Pages

My weight loss journey to learn to eat right

a great fight that I had throughout my career weight loss is eating well. I can manage to eat "good" foods a few days, and then it seems I fell off the wagon. I'm on a roller coaster of healthy food, healthy food, junk food, junk food - and I'm having a hard time getting off.
remember that one of my main goals was to be nice to me this week, I refused to fight about it. Instead, I put my detective hat and tried to understand what was behind my yo-yo diet.
I started with my food diary, which is a big part of the program transform YOU2. He confirmed my suspicions. I would be perfectly "on plane" for a few days and then my food diary is full of junk for the next day - or empty, because I did not want to put in black and white what I just ate.
I decided it was time to get back to basics. I looked at the notes that I took when I spoke with Sharecare fitness expert Wendy Batts back in the day one of my trip. One of the pieces of advice she gave me was to set SMART goals. SMART goals are not just not dumb. They are:
I did a great job of setting SMART goals when it came to exercise. I would say something like "I want to jog a mile 14 ½ minutes on the elliptical on Friday." And voila, pacing myself and gradually increasing my speed during the week, I could do ....
when it came to eating, however, my goals were not so smart. I decide, "I need to eat better." How specific is it? Or "I want to eat well in order to lose weight. "Certainly not realistic. With goals like these, I had nothing specific to aim where I had set the bar so high that I was careless fail.
So this week I finally repasseront up. Continuing my theme of being nice to me, I'm honey no goals "baby" - the goals are certainly achievable. I drink four glasses of water each day (which is above zero). I will eat at least one serving of vegetables at dinner every night. And I will prepare my lunch at least three times (I make better choices when I pack then when I pick up a menu).
just as if I was able to run a 14 mile ½ minute, I know I can start eating better. It will take patience and intelligence, but it happens.
Cathy Poley is a leading producer of Web Sharecare. She knew web and video projects for companies such as Primedia, CNN.com and Turner Broadcasting. Not only is Cathy a Sharecare employee, but it is also an avid user of Sharecare, concluding that the Q & As she reads inspire make better decisions about their health.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire